A good wide-aperture 24mm lens can be a versatile option for anything from astrophotography to events coverage and even portraiture work. For Nikon mirrorless shooters, the NIKKOR Z 24mm f/1.8 S lens could be that option, and this great video review takes a look at what you can expect from it in practice.
- One extra-low dispersion element for reduced chromatic aberrations and greater clarity
- Four aspherical elements for reduced distortion and increased sharpness
- Nano Crystal Coat and Super Integrated Coating for reduced internal reflections, resulting in less lens flares and ghosting
- Multi-focus system with two separate AF drive units for faster and more accurate focus along with full-time manual focus override
- Programmable Control Ring that can control manual focus, aperture, exposure compensation
- Electromagnetic aperture mechanism for better exposure stability
- Dust- and moisture-resistant construction
Altogether, the NIKKOR Z 24mm f/1.8 S looks to be a versatile option for a wide range of stills and video shooters. Check out the video above for Frost’s full thoughts on it.